Brand Development Award, 2021-22
Love Irish Food boasts nearly 100 member brands accounting for over 12,000 jobs in communities all across Ireland. From artisan producers to global food players, Love Irish Food members play a vital role in helping Ireland’s food industry at a time when the Irish economy rebuilds post pandemic.
Exterion Media is a market leading company in Outdoor advertising in Ireland. The company has pioneered the development of digital Out-of-Home in Ireland and delivers traditional and digital formats in the Retail environment.
As part of the ongoing effort to get its brand message across to consumers, Love Irish Food, Exterion Media, Checkout Publications, Innovative Solutions and Bank of Ireland have teamed up to offer its member food and drink producers a big helping hand in promoting their brands to the Irish consumer in 2021. We are offering one Love Irish Food member company a Brand Award of €150,000.
The award is made up of advertising space from Exterion Media to the value of €125,000 This will be scheduled across Exterion Media’s Retail portfolio which includes traditional 6 sheets and digital screens.The Campaign will appear 3 bursts of advertising on Retail PurchasePoints & Retail DPods (digital).
- Prize to be taken between January 2022 and End August 2022 : Cycles 1-17
- Each burst as follows : 50 PPs + 40 DPods
- Total media rate card value : €125,000
- Print and digital animation of copy included
Love Irish Food & Exterion Media will work with you to plan the optimum campaign for your brand given your business objectives.
In addition, the Love Irish Food advertising agency, Owens DDB will provide a defined amount of strategic and creative content for the campaign up to a defined value of €8,000. The winner will also receive a bespoke product sensory research package from Innovate Solutions to a value of €5,000. The winner will also receive a double page feature spread in leading FMCG magazine, Checkout, one of the most read publications by retail trade buyers. Finally, the winning brand will benefit by a financial wellbeing health check for its business from Bank of Ireland from a senior team of consultants.
We are looking for the brand for whom the prize will deliver the greatest return. The winner will have a national food/drink brand with a strong national sales distribution. Your brand may not have the advertising budget to get your brand message to your target audience just yet. This award will help take your brand to the next stage in brand development and this is where we can help.
In 1,500 words or less tell us why this campaign should go to your brand. Entrants need to present a sound business and marketing case. As the success of most brands is dependent on passion, we would like you to demonstrate your drive and passion for your brand.
There are two stages involved in the online entry process:
Stage 1 – Registration will require you to submit the basic details of your company and brand. To enter please complete the online entry form featured on loveirishfood.ie
Stage 2 – Submission requires the submission of your completed entry. To submit please complete the online entry form featured on loveirishfood.ie
Closing date for receipt of registration is 5.30pm Friday 3rd December, 2021 and the closing date for completed submissions is 5-30pm Friday 14th January, 2022. Judging will take place w/c 17th January, 2022 and the winner will be notified on Monday 24th January, 2022.
Try to include as much detail as possible including the areas mentioned below.
Make sure to cover such areas as,
- your market background;
- your distribution
- your brand position
- your marketing strategy
- your brand goals
- people driving the business
- operational/service capability
Most importantly what practical difference you believe a nationally targeted consumer advertising campaign to the value of €125,000 from Exterion Media would make to your brand.
You can also provide any creative direction that you feel would assist your case.
Antoinette O’Callaghan Exterion Media
Kieran Rumley Love Irish Food
A shortlist of competitors will be brought forward to be interviewed by the judging panel. The number of these companies is at the discretion of the judging panel. Judging will be undertaken remotely.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is as stated and no cash will be given in lieu.
- The prize must be drawn down between January 2022 and end August 2022 (Cycles 1-17). Failure to do this will mean the prize is forfeited.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must be made online on our website – www.loveirishfood.ie – using the online entry form site and must comply with the entry format.
- There is no cost to enter.
- Registration for entry must be made before 5-30pm on registration closing date Friday 3rd December, 2021
- Submission of entry must be made before 5.30pm on submission closing date Friday 14th January, 2022
- During the term which the campaign is posted on site with Exterion Media there must be no other above-the-line advertising activity engaged in by the winner. This will allow us to measure the effectiveness of the Campaign. Public relations activities and promotional activities are permitted during this period.
- Entry is only open to Love Irish Food members.
- The entry brand company must employ less than 50 people and have a brand annual turnover in the Republic of Ireland of less than €10 million.
- Entrants agree that in entering the Competition that they freely consent to the Organisers use of their entry submission, without restriction.
- Entrants confirm that they will make their pre-prize business metrics available – e.g. sales, employees, distribution, and also share post campaign metrics with Love Irish Food and Exterion Media. The purpose of the metrics is to allow Love Irish Food and Exterion Media build case studies. No business sensitive information will be used or released.
- Entrants agree that they will present their performance measurement metric for pre and post campaign purpose.
- Entrants should also highlight the complementary activity to be undertaken to maximise sales impact of the advertising campaign eg promotional activity.
- Entrants confirm that they will make themselves available for interview should they be selected for the shortlist. Any expense incurred will be the responsibility of the entrant and no cost will be liable to Love Irish Food or Exterion Media.
- Entrants brands must have strong national distributon with good access to market.
- Entrants must not have previously engaged in advertising expenditure for the submitted brand with a net spend exceeding €60,000 in any one year during the previous 5 years. Note: Promotions & PR activity are not treated as Advertising activity.
- In the event of winning, entrants will make themselves available for publicity purpose.
- The competition is closed to employees of Love Irish Food and Exterion Media and their families.
- Entry instructions form part of these rules.
- The promoter is Love Irish Food, PO Box 12095, Dublin 6W.
- Canvassing or any attempt to influence the jury will disqualify an entrant.
- Exterion Media will have final the decision over the placement of any advertisement in relation to placement and availability.
- All advertisements must fully comply with ASAI guidelines and best practice within the industry.
- The advertising space may only be used to promote the brand, products or company submitted in the entry form and judged in the competition.
- The prize is non-transferable to any other company, brand or organization.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and to be bound by the decisions of the judging panel.
- The value of the media space will be the rate card cost in the Exterion Media published rate card.
- Winners must be willing to participate in all media publicity within reason, promoting the award of the prize
- Any entry which it is discovered contains false or untrue information or which has broken these rules, before during or after judging will lead to the immediate disqualification of that entry.
- In the event of a company circumstances changing, regarding their membership of Love Irish Food, it will be at the discretion of the judges as to whether they can take up all or any part of the prize remaining.