- 300g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g Avonmore unsalted butter
- 75g cocoa powder
- 75g plain flour
- 225g good quality plain chocolate
- 100g roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 100g white chocolate cut into 1cm chunks
- Preheat oven to 190C. In a bowl, beat together the sugar and eggs until the sugar has completely dissolved. Melt the butter and whisk into the egg mix.
- Sieve together the cocoa and the flour and add to the butter and egg mix. Melt the plain chocolate over a pan of warm water, and then stir into the mixture. Add the chopped nuts and white chocolate.
- Turn the mixture into a lightly greased, 8” (20cm) tin. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes. Leave to cool then cut into squares
Serve with Avonmore Whipped Cream