This meal is great for satisfying a hungry family on a cold day, and it’s so easy too. Depending on how hungry they are, this will serve 2-4. You’ll need some cocktail sticks, and…
(1) 6 Crowe Farm rashers of bacon
(2) 800g Roasting potatoes
(3) 1 Red onion halved, peeled and cut
(4) 3 courgettes, trimmed and chopped
(5) 125g Baby sweetcorn
(6) Some cherry tomatoes
(7) 4tbsp olive oil
(8) 1tsp dried thyme
– Preheat the oven to 200ºc/400ºf, gas mark 6.
– Peel the potatoes and halve or quarter them. You’re going to wrap the rashers of bacon around them later, so judge the size accordingly.
– Bring the spuds to the boil in salted water and part cook them for 5 minutes only.
– Cool them under running water and drain.
– Now wrap each potato in bacon and hold it in place with one of the cocktail sticks.
– Plonk them in a roasting tin together with the onions, courgettes, sweetcorn and tomatoes.
– Scatter on the olive oil and thyme over the lot and toss it around a bit to get everything nicely coated. Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
– Before serving, don’t forget to take out the cocktail sticks!