The Countdown is on.. only 8 more sleeps untill Christmas!! Cookwithavonmore.ie has lots of recipes to see you through the season! Here are their fantastic Gingerbread Men!
- 250g Plain Flour
- 75g Avonmore Butter, softened
- 75g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 50g Golden Syrup
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and egg yolk and stir well.
- Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth.
- Wrap and chill for about 30 minutes before using.
- Thinly roll out dough a use gingerbread cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour.
- Transfer to a wire tray to cool.
You will also need:
- Gingerbread cutter
- Baking sheets
- A bowl and wooden spoon
- A wire tray for cooling