McGargles Sean’s Export Stout is packed with massive malt forward flavour and roasted character that pairs beautifully with food. With whispers of smoke and coffee up front supported by hints of chocolate and toffee, this beer brings waves of espresso and molasses flavours that are balanced by a smooth and bitter finish.
With such a full-bodied beer it is no wonder it’s so versatile when it comes to pairing with food and using it in recipes as well! Hearty stews, casseroles, roasts, and rich chocolate desserts or cheeses go incredibly well with this beer. So, try out our recipe for a classic vegetarian stroganoff below, which uses Sean’s Export Stout both as a pairing and an ingredient!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 100ml Sean’s Export Stout
- 1 tbsp vegetarian-friendly Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp cashew cream
- small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Accompanying grain: 250g brown rice or 120g quinoa, cooked
For the cashew cream:
- 150g raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours in cold water.
- 80-100ml of water depending on desired thickness
- Pinch of salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and soften the onion for about 5 mins.
- Add the paprika and garlic, then cook for 1 min. Add all the mushrooms and cook on a high heat, stirring often, for about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cashew cream by adding the nuts, water, and salt to a food processor. Add small amounts of water at a time until it forms a creamy texture.
- Pour the McGargles Sean’s Export Stout, stock and Worcestershire sauce into the pan. Bring to the boil, bubble for 10 mins until the sauce thickens, then turn off the heat. Stir in the cashew cream and 3/4 of the parsley.
- Once your grain of choice is cooked, stir through the remaining chopped parsley, and serve with the stroganoff beside a fresh bottle of Sean’s Export Stout!
Sean’s Export Stout was recently awarded Best Stout in the World at the 2020 World Beer Awards so make sure to check it out! Don’t be afraid to check out the rest of the McGargles range as well, available nationwide.