- Enough mashed potato to line a 23cm/9″ pie dish to approx. 1/1⁄4″ thickness
- 185-250g / 6-8oz Broccoli
- 185g / 6oz Cashel Blue (rind removed)
- 2 tablespoons Avonmore single cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Set the oven to heat at 190oC/375oF/Gas5.
- Grease pie dish and line with mashed potato.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 5-6 mins. Drain, rinse in cold water, chop roughly and set aside.
- Break cheese into pieces and place in a bowl of barely simmering water.
- Heat gently until melted. Remove from heat. Beat together cream and eggs, then blend into melted cheese.
- Stir in parsley and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli on potato base, pour over cheese mixture and cook for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Serve warm, with a salad.