Spring into Easter with O Hanlon Herbs Easter recipe of classic ‘Salsa Verde’ using Irish grown Spring Herb trio Mint Parsley Basil.
Salsa Verde, literally translated as ‘Green Sauce’ is a versatile sauce served cold that can be prepared ahead and is delicious accompaniment to a lunch of spring lamb, chicken, fish or pork served with a mixed salad. Great also as a dip for vegetables or bread.
Recipe compliments of O’Hanlon Herbs, for more recipe ideas visit http://www.ohanlonherbs.ie/
- 60ml (8 tablespoons) of Lakeshore Irish rapeseed oil
- Good handful of fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 level teaspoons Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon red vinegar (lemon juice can be used if preferred)
- 6 drained anchovy fillets
- Single minced clove of garlic
Place the parsley, basil, mint (O’Hanlon Herbs Trio) mustard, oil, vinegar, anchovies and minced garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Alternatively chop the parsley first and then add other ingredients. Making by hand produces a coarser result, but use a food processor with care for a finer blend
This sauce will keep for a couple of days in the fridge, kept in an airtight container with a thin layer of rapeseed oil covering the sauce
Taste and season as you go!
Why not try adding a small amount of rosemary for added flavour with lamb